SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lia_sc

Paper of Pins --a 'true love' memory :-D

Lia_SC
21 years ago

Thought I'd share this memory with y'all from lonnnnnng ago when I was in the first grade:

This boy named Phil liked me and one day in music class (I don't remember if it was Valentine's day or not...) Mr. Habovsky prompted us to request a song and dedicate it to someone. Phil stands up and says we should sing "Paper of Pins". When asked who it's for he named and pointed to ME! Aaaack! I wanted to crawl under my chair! So the whole class sang this song while I changed from one shade of red to another. LOL!

Does anyone else know this song? I think it's an Irish folk song and I've always wondered what a "paper of pins" IS! If it has to do with paper, I've gotta love it! LOL!

BTW, Phil continued to win my heart (once I forgave him for embarassing me!) by bringing me bits and pieces from his mom's and sisters' jewelry. Sadly, though, he flunked 2nd grade and, well... we couldn't be a couple in two different grades, for Pete's sake! LOL! I guess we got over each other and went on to find the TRUE loves of our lives.

H A P P Y * V A L E N T I N E S * D A Y!

(¨`·.·´¨)

-`·.¸.·´-

Here is a link that might be useful: the Paper of Pins lyrics

Comments (9)

Sponsored