Mon, Feb 3, 03 at 15:40
|This project may be a bit simplistic for most of you here at the Paper Arts forum, but for those of you who don't visit the Craft Exchange forum, here's a link to the instructions on how to made baskets from used greeting cards. Or try postcards instead! Links to pictures of finished basket and templates included.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Card basket from used cards
|I totally have a thing for these baskets! Still kicking myself 5 years later for not buying one in a flea market...made with vintage cards, had another row of card pieces and had a hinged lid that matched the base. It was crocheted together instead of simple lacing. |
Your instructions and photos are wonderful! I want to make these for holidays next year...what a great basket to put homemade gifts in!
|Karen - You might also like the directions linked below. This if for a small lidded octagonal box, made of fabric fused to cardboard. (But of course you could use greeting cards or wrapping paper instead of fabric.) It is crocheted together.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Pretty Treasure Box
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.