Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did your Valentine's Look Like?

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 9, 03 at 14:34

I cheated and used the same design that I posted in the gallery a while back. I had to use different papers. I only had to make 4. (at $32 card -pretty expensive)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did your Valentine's Look Like?

I am still on the layering kick so I stamped a paisley heart from the clear decor stamps line they had at Michaels (was meant for walls & fabric & home dec stuff) It was just right for layering and adding some crystals. I only did a handful for immediate family members.
I always loved Valentine's day as a child in school....making the faancy little card holder for the front of your desk and going around delivering all your cards, picking the "best" ones for your favorite friends and cute boys.....what fun!!!

o

Last minute (as usual!) I threw something together to send my mom --I hope she gets it in time!

Anyone remember the chocolate alphabet that was posted (by meggiecat, I think...) in the Computer Crafts forum, maybe last year? I used that to spell out hugs with a vintage advertising print. I was glad I had that chocolate brown cardstock on hand, although I wondered after I bought it why I was attracted to it... aha! chocolate!

I couldn't make up my mind where to place the red rhinestones, but I had to hurry and be done with it before I missed the mail! (Anyone else ever do that?) Oh, and I even made a coordinating envelope by hand! :-)

(Don't know what that little spot is on the picture, but it wasn't on the card.)

Here is a link that might be useful: valentine in the gallery

o

I've had it with catalogs. You recycle them, and more just keep coming. So I finally came up with a way to get back. I cut things out of them for collaging. Until a couple weeks ago I just cut out pictures of things. Then I had a brainstorm. Colors! Textures!

So I started cutting hearts out of red things. Red dresses. Red cars. etc. And then three friends came over last Saturday and we had a high old time with stamps and glue and embossing powder and paint and pens and made ourselves a glorious mess of very unusual Valentine's Day cards. Three women, and no kids. It was like being back in kindergarten, and I'm happy to report we all shared with each other very well. ;-)

I sent all of mine so I can't show you. However, the most peculiar card I made was for my nephew in the Marines. I enjoy tormenting him. His drill sargeant at boot camp even accosted him about the odd letters I sent (one was written on a long roll of tickertape). Anyway, I cut out big hearts as described above, and then cut out the little faces of models in the catalogs, also in hearts, and pasted them into the centers. They looked like they were wearing hoods and strange hats. Then I cut the letters "l" "o" "v" and "e" and pasted them on the back like a ransom note. heh, heh.

We got my friend's husband to address the envelope and her daughter will mail it from Maine. Unfortunately this will probably not be sufficient to throw him off the track that his "eccentric" aunt was somehow behind it all.

o

I don't remember the chocolate alphabet. Your card is darling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here