Wed, Feb 26, 03 at 11:50
|Taunia, I know you have instructions somewhere on the web for making a lightbox. Can you direct me to where ever it is? Thanks a bunch!|
|Lia, I went to Kmart and got a nice sturdy plastic storage container roughly 16x20" in size. It is light blue clear plastic and has a nice flat bottom. I cut a hole in one side and covered the short ends with contact paper. I stick a small flourescent strip light inside and run the cord out thru the hole. On the long sides I taped strips of silver metallic poster board and I cut another piece the size of the bottom. |
I just lay the silver cardboard down on the table and set the light on top of it and put the plastic box over it all. The cardboard helps reflect more light giving you a brighter effect when you are trying to trace something.
I can use the box for storage the rest of the time. It was probably $7 for the container and maybe $10 for the light.
|You can try this, Lia.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Lightbox
|Thanks, guys, I haven't had much need of one (yet) ;-) But there were some questions about it in the stamptalk email group and I thought I remembered Taunia had a tip for making a homemade one somewhere on the web. |
Your plan sounds like a good one, Karen.
What are some uses for them other than dry embossing?
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.