Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Artist Site

Posted by Rosie_GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 03 at 21:13

Wondering what the rule/law is on printing from a site like this.........If it's a certain age, is it copywrited? Click on artist.....this database is wonderful.

http://gallery.euroweb.hu/index1.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Artist Site

Wowwwwwwwwwww! You ain't just whistlin' Dixie! That is phenonmenal! Great way to see some artwork I never even knew existed!

o

Hey Lia.......I see soooo many copies of Mona Lisa now and also Mich....David and Venus......Aren't they OK to use if the artworks are that old and wonder what the cut-off date is like 100 years ago and beyond.

o
My answer

Never mind......I have my answer.

o

Hey, would you mind letting me in on it? 'Cause I have never been sure. I always assumed that (unless otherwise stated) the person who published the pictures has a copyright.
With that site, I was *really* unsure, since each picture seemed to be meant for printing. They offered a choice of background --black, greyscale or white. But then, I thought I saw something about purchasing prints....?

o

Did some research last night........when I was looking for pics of Mona there were a million online. It seems each pic (even though copied fromt the original) has it's own copyright. (if the person has it copyrighted) Still confusing. I guess the only way for one to use an old art work would be to go to the Lourve and take your own pic. Guess one could sketch it and use that. I too saw the purchasing prints on this site but there is not one statement about copyright or "all rights reserved."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here