SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsycraftsy_gw

ornament ideas with postage stamps

ArtsyCraftsy
21 years ago

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a real "thing" for pretty postage stamps, lol! I always tear or cut the stamps off all my cards & letters and save them.

Here are two cute ornaments I received this Christmas. On the left is a lovely stamp from my friend Barbara. She & her DH run an aviation art gallery in historic Gettysburg. It is framed very elegantly in a tiny matboard frame. The stamp is mounted to another piece of tan matboard. I just love this gray matboard!! Look closely at it and you can see it looks (and feels) just like velvety suede. I must get some for myself!!

The cool ornament on the right is a canceled stamp mounted on shrink plastic which I received in a shrink ornament swap. Denise covered the shrink with some layers of glittery embossing powder. You could easily use a light cardboard if you had no shrink plastic. I love the wire hanger and little tag embellishment!

I think either of these would look wonderful with the romantic postage stamps for a Valentine's card embellishment or ornament.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA