Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'puzzling question'

Posted by Rosie_GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 03 at 17:01

This is probably going to be one of those "I wish I hadn't asked that" type of question but here goes. I have seen puzzle piece put together to form about a 4" X 5" base for collages. There is a picture that has been decoupaged to the pieces but they still show the indentations of the puzzle. The "new" picture might be an old photograph, etc. How is that done?
Maybe traced on picture......cut out and glued on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'puzzling question'

Morning Rosie....I guess this could be done a few ways. Your idea would work just fine. There are "puzzle" templates for programs (forget which ones just now) that you'd import your photo to the program, then lay the "puzzle" template over it.
I don't know why you couldn't take a real section of puzzle, decoupage your photo on that...then cut with a craft knife...?
Tiger

o
RE: 'puzzling question'

I was looking at the InventIt papers that are on clearance (linked in Computer Crafts) and one of them has something to do with puzzles. I don't know if the paper you print on comes perforated or what. Might be worth looking into?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here