SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin_dc

beware of price markups in the paper craft aisles!

robin_DC
21 years ago

Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading about your paper crafts (I generally make cards) and the bargains you've found.

Unfortunately this post is not to share a bargain, but to share the opposite. I used mini clothespins to hang pjs and teddy bears on baby shower invitations that I made last week, and I bought them in the aisle at michael's that has assorted 3d stickers, eyelets, etc. for card-making and paper crafts. The day AFTER I mailed out the invitations (all 30 of them!) I went back to michael's to look for some cake decorating materials, and ended up walking down their wood craft aisle, where I discovered a large bag of mini clothespins for a fraction of the price of the clothespins that are packaged for card-making. I spent $26 for clothespins I could have had for $6, if only I'd known where to look! I compared them and they're the same thing!

Just wanted to share so that noone else falls into the same trap. I'd already discovered that I can often buy bags of foamies to use as 3d accents on cards for a lot less than the price of 3d stickers in the paper/scrapbook aisles, but now I know that no matter what I buy, I should always scour the other aisles.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company