SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meggiecat

sonobe sort of

meggiecat
21 years ago

I found this interesting site today. She offers some nice diagrams including one for a pocket heart. Of particular interest to me was her page about backcoating paper. She means that 2 pieces are glued together back to back. She also self publishes her books at home and gives a description about that.

Mette Pederson

This is what she says about her work.

Mette Units started out to be variations of "Sonobe" like units that can be used to create different origami modular shapes. After a while, however, the design of my units has changed enough that they are not always connected in the "Sonobe way." Many of my newer units don't even look like Sonobes. I've also started creating rings and quilts. Many of the quilts units can also be assembled into modular shapes.

Comments (3)

• Lia_SC
    21 years ago

Oh, my! Her work is beautiful! I want to try the rings, especially.
    About the backcoating, is that to make paper with 2 differently colored sides? Or to make Unryu paper strong enough? Interesting about the different effects depending on how it dries... Also interesting was the info on cutters. Not that I can afford one of those, but I've always wanted a rotary cutter.

• meggiecat
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Lia,
    I think that she is saying both reasons. I liked the last paragraph...try it on wrapping paper, office paper etc. These things I have and wallpaper paste is as close as the hardware store!

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

very cool stuff...I loved the rings and that neat spiral.

Sponsored