Return to the Paper Arts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Idea

Posted by Rosie_GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 03 at 13:27

Ran across this on another forum.......grand idea.
It was from a lady named Leigh......

"Looking for fantastic cheap or free display shelves for your rubber
stamps? Many of you will have an old baby's crib in your attic or
garage. They are also sold cheaply at garages sales, salvation army
stores etc. Look for one with wooden slats for the sides. Remove the
hardware from the entire side piece, turn the side of the crib on
it's end, and viola! Beautiful stamp shelves! The slats make the
perfect depth shelf to display your wood mounted stamps."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Idea

That is a great idea. And if you can see them you're more inclined to use them. And the wood is already finished too. Thanks for sharing.

o

that's a brilliant idea!

o

Boy, I've been hanging onto my boys' crib and that is a great use for it. I'll bet you could even hang things on it... Now if I only had a craft room to put it in!

o

Well, dummy here...I'm not sure I "get" it??? LOL!!! Are you taking the sides off and hanging on a wall?? Guess I'll have to look closer at the next crib I see...I've never had kids...LOL!!! But I've been dying to find a way to get my stamps out of boxes and baskets so I can see what I have...LOL!
Tier

o

Tiger, I think that's the idea. The slats would normally run vertical, but you would turn it so they're horizontal.
Guidelines were changed on cribs quite a few years ago-- the slats are not supposed to be wide apart enough for a baby's head to fit through, for safety's sake. So you might be able to find a crib at a yard sale that someone kept in the attic and can't sell as a usable crib. Although, I'm sure there are other crafty, furniture-type uses for them, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paper Arts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here