|This picture is what is known as a woodblock print. A great many come from Japan.
This one shows Mt Fuji in the background - but what mystifies me is what the people in the picture are doing. And what is the purpose of the ramp?
My best guess is that it perhaps illustrates some sort of manufacturing process.
Can anybody explain it?
Image link: Mystery Picture (58 k)
|I was justing browsing thru this site and was intrigued by the mystery picture so I searched on the internet and I found a site that has the original woodblock print for your picture. |
It also kinda describes the picture so here's the website that you could go to :
|SG - |
Thanks for the link - that certainly explains it.
It must have taken many hours, maybe days, of hard work - as well as a lot of skill to keep the cuts straight.
And now, with powered equipment, we can do the same thing in a matter of a few minutes......
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here