|This picture is what is known as a woodblock print. A great many come from Japan.
This one shows Mt Fuji in the background - but what mystifies me is what the people in the picture are doing. And what is the purpose of the ramp?
My best guess is that it perhaps illustrates some sort of manufacturing process.
Can anybody explain it?
Image link: Mystery Picture (58 k)
|I was justing browsing thru this site and was intrigued by the mystery picture so I searched on the internet and I found a site that has the original woodblock print for your picture. |
It also kinda describes the picture so here's the website that you could go to :
|SG - |
Thanks for the link - that certainly explains it.
It must have taken many hours, maybe days, of hard work - as well as a lot of skill to keep the cuts straight.
And now, with powered equipment, we can do the same thing in a matter of a few minutes......
Return to the Paper Arts Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.