Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindarelli50

Need Family Room Paint Color Help

cindarelli50
12 years ago

Hi All-

I've lurked here plenty over the past year but haven't posted much (this might actually be my first post..can't remember).

Anyway..I really need some assistance.

I painted my Family Room BM Woodlawn Blue on 3 walls and BM Van Courtland Blue on the 'fireplace' wall.

About a month ago we had a coffered ceiling installed in this room but not painted. So my husband suggested painting the ceiling portion Van Courtland blue as well because he really likes how it looks against the white moulding.

Anyway...I was never set on the Woodlawn Blue (I like the color but in this room it's just not working). And now with the blue ceilings..which I do like by the way...I really want to change the Woodlawn Blue to something else. There is just too much blue going on in the room and it's freaking me out!

The entryway color is BM Revere Pewter and the kitchen color is Bennington Gray (both rooms are open and connected to the family room).

I was thinking maybe doing the family room walls in Revere Pewter as well. I think it would work with the Van Courtland blue ceilings but I'm not sure. I don't know if I should paint all 4 walls a different color or just paint the 3-Woodlawn blue walls a different color..I dont' know. I'm confused..HelP!!

Thanks

Cindy