Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone want to take my paint samples?

Posted by postquake_angela (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 19:16

After choosing paint colors, we're left with a dozen or so paint samples, each has enough left to paint a 3x3 board. We'd rather give them some g'webber who is trying to pick out their paint then send them to the landfill.

Creamy yellows to cream, plus a couple grays and taupes. Mostly Pratt & lambert with a few Farrow & Ball thrown in. If you can't pick these up, the best way to send these is by $14.95 flat rate mail. If folks are interested, I'll post exactly colors.

happy painting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone want to take my paint samples?

You could also donate them to habitat for humanity or a similar orginization if in your area. School systems often have construction classes typically at high school or junior college levels where they might be able to use them.

Dont drop them in the landfill until you see if there is a hazmat dropoff in your area. Ours is at the county landfill and they accept them once a month. There might be other drop off points in your town or county.

o

also in our area Benjamin Moore will let you pay them to take them (samples and other paint). I know sounds awful to pay them yet again but it's pretty cheap. Much cheaper than trying to dry them out with cat litter IMO. It's like 75 cents for a quart and goes up per size of container. They have a printed brochure to help you with the details and prices for them to dispose of them for you. They do recycle the paint which was important to me.

o

Our recycling center takes them, but the curbside recyclers do not. If you're in a pinch, you might try calling recycling centers in your area or on a convenient route.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here