Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would You Paint This Door?

Posted by retiredprof (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 12, 10 at 18:20

Hi, everyone! Thought I'd provide links to two pics of the front of my little cottage. I've only been in here a few months, but my initial thought to paint the front door is now shaky. I was leaning towards some deep red or maybe navy/black, but the more I live with this the more the stain looks appropriate. Maybe it's the stained porch floor.

The rockers, BTW, were left by the PO. They are black.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jKm1gHJaL48NY0pqtQ_Paw?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v3wf6jAV_OfHzR9xbTOBtg?feat=directlink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would You Paint This Door?

If it looks as good as it does in the photos, no, I wouldn't paint the door.

o

I think it looks nice as-is too. I would paint the columns white though. To me, that's part of the trimwork and should be the same.

o

I would paint it RED :) To me, Red is a HAPPY color for a front door and says: WELCOME!!

I recently painted my front door F&B Picture Gallery Red and just love it. It is not a bright red, but muted and very pretty. You can order a sample pot ~ I had about 5 samples on the door at one time ~ sometimes it's hard to choose!!!

jody

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here