Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint

Posted by zwell0890 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 18:04

Hello All

I'm a college student about to graduate. Moving out of my apartment at the end of the month. I have a few marks on the walls and I called the leasing office to ask what color the walls were painted, because I may be charged/lose the deposit if I don't fix it. They told me "Duron Cool Platinum". I called Duron and they said that color is $43 for a gallon. $43 for paint is a lot. Is there anything out there that is exactly the same color shade, made by another company that could be cheaper? If nobody knows, who else could I ask?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint

I'm sorry, but if you don't know the exact brand and color, then touching up probably won't work. You need to call that office again and ask them which Duron line of paint was used and the sheen (flat, eggshell, etc). Maybe you only need a quart of the paint if you are just touching up a few areas and this will probably cost about $15. If you try to get this color in another brand, the touch ups will show and the apartment complex will still need to pay a painter to come and do the touch ups anyway.

o

First, check your lease agreement and maybe ask the folks in the office about normal wear and tear. Usually small holes in the wall from hanging photos are to be expected and are NOT considered "damage". (Big holes are another thing.)

Second, see if the apartment maintenance staff has some touch-up paint. They usually buy tons of the stuff, after all, they paint unit after unit, and you probably don't need to buy a gallon when you only need a smidge. See if you can't find the maintenance guy riding around on his golfcart and ask him directly. Offer to buy him a sixpack of beer or slip him a 10-dollar bill.

I lived in apartments until I was 39 years old, always hung my artwork and never incurred a damage fee after I moved out (and took my pictures and hangers with me).

Good luck!
Carol

o

It was probably Duron's Master hide, which Sherwin Williams now owns

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here