Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Exterior concrete block stucco paint, prime, prep info

jterrilynn
13 years ago

Hi, I'm getting ready to paint the exterior of my Florida CBS home and would like to know of some specific names of primer or (?) As well as a name of a good paint chalk remover and any other helpful info for my job.

Here's the story: The house had new construction shoddy watered down paint thrown on with no primer or anything. Of course this did not last long so husband decided to repaint with BM paint except he does not believe in paint prepared-ness. Against all my protests he painted over mold, dirt, and dusty chalk areas. Of course that did not last and it will take me until the cows come home just to get house ready for paint.

Where I'm at now: I am in the process of pressure washing the house, the paint is coming off in huge pieces, in some areas the paint has washed off down to bare stucco. I will then scrape and wash with a chalk remover and let dry for several days. If I'm not dead by then I imagine I need to add a coat of something before paint (but what for a cement block stucco covered house)? Next I will paint with BM paint (but what line of BM will be best and last the longest)???.

I want to do it right this time so words of wisdom are appreciated.

P.S. I will be getting some help but hiring a professional is not in budget.

Thank you,

T

Comments (4)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012