Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778555

BM light gray paint suggestions for this bathroom?

User
9 years ago

I am finding out that although trendy, gray is driving me nucking futs, LOL

I have a small narrow bathroom (typical 1960s tract house bath) which is 9.5 ft long and 4.5 ft wide, with a 3x5 tub area at the far end. Right now it's gutted except for the tile floor which is staying; it's white ceramic tile with faint gray shadings, and grey-ish grout. There's a small window at the far end.

The new toilet, tub and tub walls, and 48" vanity will be white. The ceiling, door and trim will be BM Super White (which is the only white I've ever liked, LOL). The vanity top will be US Marble's quartz in the "Copenhagen" color which is various shades of light and dark gray and silver, with a white undermount sink. Yes I am doing this on a small budget, LOL.

http://www.usmarble.com/colors/images/quartz/910228-copenhagen-f.jpg

I want to put a pale silvery gray on the walls but do not want something that's going to look blue, nor something too dark which will make the room look like the entrance to a mineshaft and/or depressing, LOL

Some of the BM colors I'm considering are (from lighter to darker)
Misty Gray 2124-60
Marilyn's Dress 2125-60
Iced Cube Silver 2121-50
Gray Cloud 2126-60
Bunny Gray 2124-50 (trying hard to ignore how incredibly appealing I find the name, and simply judge it on color alone, LOL)

I also noticed Distant Gray 2124-70 which is lighter than any of these but am concerned that on the walls it would just look like a dirty gray white. :-/

Can you suggest some BM "true grays" that are neither very pale (i.e. reads as white) nor too dark for such a small room? Or have you used any of the above grays in a small room and found them to be either too light or too dark?

Thanks! :-)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths