Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annab6_gw

Looking for a perfect cream color for cabinets and trim

annab6
14 years ago

I already asked the decorating forum but it seems that this time of the year most people there are decorating for the holidays and not painting so I am trying here also.

We are using very light colors on the walls, BM Gentle Cream and half of the F&B cooking apple, but I want the kitchen to be cream with a glaze, furniture-like. The kitchen is in the middle of the house and will have a big impact on the overall look so I want it to blend in rather than stand out.

Any favorite BM or SW colors that definitely read as "cream" but still coordinate with light walls?

I have some pictures of the wall colors we have in this post:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg1214174530954.html?6

Comments (8)

• maryo
    14 years ago

I recently was on a house tour and saw a wonderful color they used on all the cabinetry and trim. It was called "Cream in My Coffee" [satin] from Lowes. They used the same color on the walls in flat. It looked very classy with the darker stained concrete floors, dark accent colors and brushed chrome fixtures. Actually there were two houses done by the same builder. The first house had a brushed chrome backsplash. The second had a natural stone backsplash. Both had stainless appliances.

• pmacbee
    14 years ago

Are you hoping to go lighter or darker than your walls with the trim? I'm using BM "Marscapone" as my trim--on the whiter side of cream, but definitely cream. It's a really yummy color, creamy enough to look rich, but still light enough to give contrast against my very pale yellow/white halls and silver gray dining room. F&B's "Pointing" is a great rich trim color on the darker side of cream. Good luck, it sounds beautiful--love the idea of going half strenght on the F&B Baking Apple color!

• lanuzzo
    14 years ago

I am currently considering SW "Alabaster" for our kitchen cabinet re-do. I have been looking for a warm white, since the rest of my interior trim is bright white, and i do not want to have to re-paint all the trim.

• pirula
    14 years ago

Farrow & Ball's "White Tie" is a beautiful cream.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    14 years ago

My cream kitchen trim paint is Eddie Bauer "Cloth"
    I liked it so much I also did my tv room walls with it.
    This is all my kitchen colors in one place:

Casey

• annab6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far. But let me try to explain my real issue. We'll have painted kitchen cabinets (going into the "green" room) and also two painted corner cabinets in the dining room with the "gentle cream" walls (you can see the marks from the old corner cabinets on the picture, the new cabinets are going into the same place).

The two rooms are connecting and there are only a few feet from the right dining cabinet to the kitchen cabinets.

The trim runs non-stop throughout the house.

I know it would look beautiful if we used the same color for all cabinets and for the trim. In that case it would be a very light color.

But we are a busy family with a teen and a pre-teen in the house and some of us don't always clean things up right away in the kitchen :) So for practical reasons, I want creamy cabinets with a light glaze.

But what do I do about the dining room cabinets and the trim? Should the the dining cabinets be the same color and with the same glazing as the kitchen? Or should they match the trim since they are hugging the window so tightly?

and, should the trim color be close to the kitchen base color or close to what it will look like with the glaze on?

If the trim is lighter, will it make glazed cabinets look dirty?

• tntwalter
    14 years ago

ended up with Sherwin Williams Creamy.

• zindy10
    8 years ago

That's a great color.