Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating advice - what colour should I paint my kitchen.

Posted by kiera88 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 14:34

Hi all,

This is my first post on Gardenweb and I'm really excited to get some helpful advice about what colour to paint my kitchen.
I've found a picture that very closely resembles what my kitchen looks like in it's "before state". Black slate floor and light ash cupboards. The countertops are different - Beigey granite with flecks of charcoal grey and deep tan. This kitchen is pretty similar. Now, I've lived in the house for 3 years and I'm bored to death of the white walls. It just feels far to unloved and builder basic. Splashes of colour from my red accessories - deep red kettle and toaster - give the kitchen some personality but I'm looking for more. I'm thinking a tan or light grey on the walls (to pick out colour from the granite) and a deep red feature wall.... but I need some advice. The room is north facing and as I live in rainy Scotland, is dark most of the time. Suggestions of colour combos would be brilliant, and pictures would be even better!

Thanks in advance,

Kiera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating advice - what colour should I paint my kitchen.

You might want to go to houzz.com and search for kitchens with similar cabinetry.

You might also want to post on the home decor forum....lots of helpful people there who love to suggest color schemes....

I would suggest that what you have now is very neutral and that you look for an inspiration piece....a piece of art, a plate, a fabric, whatever....that you like and around which you can build a scheme.

o
RE: Decorating advice - what colour should I paint my kitchen.

you may find many color combinations and designs for kitchen at google images easily...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here