Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I paint one wall shared by two rooms?

Posted by LeahChinn (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 11 at 13:05

I just remolded my kitchen and have painted it this lovely green with white bead board on the bottom third. My hallway and kitchen share a wall with the same chair molding all the way down the hallway into the kitchen. As soon as the wall crosses the threshold into the kitchen the texture on the wall changes creating a visible line on the wall. I do not want to break the flow from hallway to kitchen, but since there is already a visible break due to the change in texture, can I paint the part of the wall that belongs to the kitchen green with the white bead board and leave the hallway unchanged? Or am I stuck keeping it all the same color?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I paint one wall shared by two rooms?

Welcome to GardenWeb, LeahChinn! If you don't get many answers here, try posting your question on the Home Decorating forum, along with a photo of the wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here