Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blue color paint on walls!

Posted by rosessecretgarden (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 14, 10 at 12:17

hi all!
How does the blue color paint looks on walls? My mom is insistent to get one wall painted with blue color. But i am hesitant how i am going to do the decoration.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blue color paint on walls!

Color is a very personal matter. That said, we have some blue in our home and like it in the locations where it's located.

I'm linking a collection of room photos. Our Powder Room is actually blue wallpaper but the color could just as easily have been paint.

In our basement, we used blue as an accent to coordinate with other blue features in the room such as the bar and an area rug. You can take a look and at least form an opinion as to whether blue might work for you. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos

o

My son painted his living room a BM medium blue and it looks TERRIFIC. From the color chart, I would have never guessed the color would look so nice. It is a deeper blue (deep tint base) ~ just a little on the grey side (I think).

His fiance' picked it out ~ I am so glad it worked for them. The room is quite large too, I'm guessing 20' long by 14' wide, with part of that a small dining area.

And this was done on all four walls ~ again, I was surprised at how great it looks.

jody

o

I have BM Nimbus Gray in my master bedroom. Looks like this at night:
Photobucket

And my girls' funroom upstairs is BM Philipsburg Blue. Looks like this:
Photobucket

I've got other blues in the house but no good pictures to depict.

o

Thanks guys!
Thats really encouraging now. I am ready to do it juts because of your help :)

o

I have BM Nimbus Gray in my master bedroom. Looks like this at night:
Photobucket

And my girls' funroom upstairs is BM Philipsburg Blue. Looks like this:
Photobucket

I've got other blues in the house but no good pictures to depict.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here