Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosessecretgarden_gw

blue color paint on walls!

rosessecretgarden
13 years ago

hi all!

How does the blue color paint looks on walls? My mom is insistent to get one wall painted with blue color. But i am hesitant how i am going to do the decoration.

Comments (5)

• fnmroberts
    13 years ago

Color is a very personal matter. That said, we have some blue in our home and like it in the locations where it's located.

I'm linking a collection of room photos. Our Powder Room is actually blue wallpaper but the color could just as easily have been paint.

In our basement, we used blue as an accent to coordinate with other blue features in the room such as the bar and an area rug. You can take a look and at least form an opinion as to whether blue might work for you. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos

• Jody
    13 years ago

My son painted his living room a BM medium blue and it looks TERRIFIC. From the color chart, I would have never guessed the color would look so nice. It is a deeper blue (deep tint base) ~ just a little on the grey side (I think).

His fiance' picked it out ~ I am so glad it worked for them. The room is quite large too, I'm guessing 20' long by 14' wide, with part of that a small dining area.

And this was done on all four walls ~ again, I was surprised at how great it looks.

jody

• swhite10
    13 years ago

I have BM Nimbus Gray in my master bedroom. Looks like this at night:

And my girls' funroom upstairs is BM Philipsburg Blue. Looks like this:

I've got other blues in the house but no good pictures to depict.

• rosessecretgarden
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!
    Thats really encouraging now. I am ready to do it juts because of your help :)

• swhite10
    13 years ago

I have BM Nimbus Gray in my master bedroom. Looks like this at night:

And my girls' funroom upstairs is BM Philipsburg Blue. Looks like this:

I've got other blues in the house but no good pictures to depict.