Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with complimentary colors

Posted by sgpmjd (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 10:02

I have painted my den in SW Believable Buff and my kitchen is painted SW Whole Wheat. We have an open floor plan and the kitchen and den are very visible from each other. The kitchen consists of 7 long windows so the Room is very bright. The den is not as bright but still has a good amount of light. I am looking for complementary colors in the blue or green family to coordinate with both of these paint colors. Specifically, I am looking for a coordinating/ complimentary color to paint the back of my white bookshelves located in the den. They face the kitchen. I would like to paint the kitchen island the same color (I think) to tie the two rooms together since they are both visible to one another.

I would post pictures but i am probably the most computer challenged person you will ever meet :) I am absolutely clueless as to how to get a picture from my iPad to here.

Thanks to everyone. I'm a long time lurker and decided it's finally time to join in the fun. I have learned so much from everyone. Again, thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with complimentary colors

The first step is to move the photo from your IPad to a photo hosting site like Photobucket.

o

You're right Grayings, I do need to figure out how to do that. I checked out a Photobucket tutorial this morning and will play with that when I have more free time. Until then do you have any ideas off the top of your head? The two colors show green undertones in my house. Thanks so much!

o

I wish I could help with the colors, but yoiu could download the Photobucket app to your IPad. If you are going to be hanging out here, people are going to keep asking for photos.

In the meantime, the Home Decorating forum is also a good place to get advice on colors. I'm sure someone over there is familiar with those colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket for IPad (it's free)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here