Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color paint on walls for natural oak floors?

Posted by homeseller2010 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 3, 10 at 8:11

Hello All,

I am planning to put my house in the market early next year.
Right now, the walls through out the house is "Bone white"(Benjamin Moore)---half white.
My living room/dining room floors are natural oak. I tried several neutral colors on the wall to complement the floor color. However, nothing seems to work!! They look even more uglier than Bone white. I tried "Tan" colors from BM just so not to overwhelm the buyers. They do not match my floors. I tried dark color below chair rails and lighter color above chair rails but below the ceiling crown molding--but some how I feel that was too many colors!!
I would like to use only one paint color through out the Living/dining room.

Can any of you suggest paint color to complement this natural oak floors?

Thanks guys
Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color paint on walls for natural oak floors?

Jim: You might try this. In my last house I had natural oak floors, too. The wife of a buddy of mine (the guy who actually did the painting) recommended I go with a light gold. I was really hesitant, but when it was done it was knockout. The gold really brought out the warm tones in the wood. Her advice to stay away from the tans/browns was spot on. Guess it helped that she has a degree in interior design.

Take a look at these BM colors: America's Heartland (197), Windham Cream (HC-6), Woodmont Cream (204), and Vanilla Ice Cream (2154-70).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here