Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Matching Wall Color for this Wood Flooring

Posted by weekenddiy (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 1:29

http://www.lowes.com/pd_417440-55656-K203_4294856493__?productId=3864471&Ntt=tecsun&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dtecsun&facetInfo=

we are planning to install new hard wood flooring listed above. could you kindly suggest me wall color that would bring out the beauty of this wood (instead of totally making it look odd). the living room has high ceilings. so we want a lighter color there,with darker shades in kitchen/dining etc;. I like a earthy and cozy feel. may be brownish greens?

which brand of paint is better. sherwin williams/benjamin moore?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Matching Wall Color for this Wood Flooring

Here is a pic of your wood. If you don't get many responses here, you might want to try posting on the Home Decorating forum.

o
RE: Matching Wall Color for this Wood Flooring

That dark brown is such a neutral that it will go with almost any color. To get an idea, go to houzz.com and search on "dark brown floor"...you will see a lot of rooms with similar floor coloring to yours and you can see what wall colors they chose...maybe something will strike you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here