Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judysims84

How do I choose paint colors

judysims84
13 years ago

About to finish a major remodel and I need to start thinking about what color to paint each room. How do you decide if you don't have any furniture and aren't sure what colors you are planning on buying.

Comments (3)

• lazy_gardens
    13 years ago

You probably know what colors you like, or are likely to buy, as well as which colors you wouldn't use because you hate them.

You put on a nice color that looks good with the floors and counters, that has a good chance of looking good with furniture in the colors you tend to like.

A light creamy yellow, a pale grey-green, a pale taupe-grey ... if you decide later you don't like it, it's a good primer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picking Perfect Paint

• yaanika
    13 years ago

I suggest also go for pastel shades if you are not sure what do you want. It is always easier to add some vibrant upholstery or a fancy piece of furniture later than to try to balance vibrant and dark wall colours. Nevertheless even dark wall paint is easier to balance with furniture, upholstery and accesories than a varicoloured wallpaper.

But finally it depends on a person's taste, what do you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to choose wall paint

• swhite10
    13 years ago

I looked at colors on paint chips and then wrote down choices of what I liked, without considering what furniture and accessories I have. Then I went over to the new house and put the paint chips on the wall and just picked what I liked. Once the paint was up, I was surprised at how much blue and beige I picked, without really even thinking about it. While each room is a different color, it all melds together really nicely, thank goodness, and I am very pleased with my color choices. I will worry about furniture later, once we move, but I think it will all be okay.
    If you like blue, BM Van Courtland Blue is the prettiest color! My builder has really fallen in love with it!! And a really nice blue/gray, is BM Nimbus Gray, which reads more blue than gray, but it's lovely!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES