Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talya_2010

Kitchen color to compliment our gray LR and DR

talya_2010
13 years ago

Hi there,

I recently painted my LR and DR Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore. I love the color a lot, but what would be a fun and cheery color for my kitchen that would still "flow" with revere pewter? There is a wall separating the DR from the kitchen, with a high arched entryway into the kitchen.

And while we're on the subject, i had the painter only paint the LR//DR- not including the staircases that go all the way up and down, even though they are visible from the LR/DR. was that a decorating faux pas, or can i get away with it?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• Debbie Downer
    13 years ago

Ive always been a fan of gray and yellow (in comb with white/cream) Can't say exactly which shade since Im not familiar with the BM color in question- is it a cool gray or warm taupe-ish? Also, yellow for a kitchen is classic so I think I'd look in the yellows.

• wi-sailorgirl
    13 years ago

I love Revere Pewter, as well. It's in our kitchen and now I just painted our master bedroom with it.

I think a gray-blue would look GREAT with it, although I'm not sure that counts as fun and cheery. I love the idea of an apple green for a kitchen.

I think the Revere Pewter goes with so many colors (except, I'm thinking, maybe not orange), that you have a lot of options at your disposal. I'd be more concerned about coordinating with the color of your cabinets and counters than anything else.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

I love yellow with gray.

I however, have lots of that "pear green" color with my gray. In fact the painter comes Monday to paint my 2 story foyer with gray, and the living room will be BM Wasabi. Another color that looks great with it is pink and hot pink. I just painted the insides of my foyer closet and the linen closet (which is in the same hallway but upstairs) in hot pink. It is so cool, and unexpected, but it looks great.

Here's my green chair in my gray room. I also have other touches of this color that aren't in this photo.
    {{gwi:1553433}}

Here's yellow and gray (not my kitchen)
    {{!gwi}}

And here's pink (Molly Sims apartment):
    {{!gwi}}

And if you can imagine the walls in their soon to be new gray color, here is my hot pink closet:

{{!gwi}}

So much goes with gray. Even purple. Love purple with gray.

• wi-sailorgirl
    13 years ago

beekeeperswife, I know I've seen parts of your house before but I KNOW I've not seen that green chair in that room. Because if I had I'd be on your doorstep to sit in that room right now. I LOVE it.

Awesome decorating!