Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rubberized Paint

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 3, 10 at 22:57

Can anyone recommend a good/great rubberized paint.

I need to make a small skid as well as makeshift ramps to move the small engine equipment off the truck during seasonal changes..

I'm just going with 2x8 KD wood. No PT due to weight.
Besides, I want/plan to paint it with some rubberized coating so it's less slippery if it's raining or the wheels are wet.

Suggestions, thoughts.
Otherwise, I may just get cheap and buy concrete paint and throw some sandust in there...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rubberized Paint

There used to be a product for sale called Ramp Parts, metal edges that you attached to the ends of 2x8s, and they came with rubber mats that you nailed onto the board. I have a set. You might want to try cutting up rubber floor mats and attaching to the boards.

o
RE: Rubberized Paint

I think G-Wings is on the right track here...

Materials that are added will be tougher than a paint here, and safer.

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here