Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen colour to go with ...

Posted by Mica_R (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 22:41

Hi all!

Been reading lots of the great posts here, and felt I may as well wade in and ask for advice!

After reading so many people's raves about BM Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray we painted our open concept living room/dining room/hallway with Revere Pewter (three walls -- living/dining), and Edgecomb (one wall through the living/dining space and the entire, dimly-lit hallway). Trim is BM Cloud White throughout. Foyer is Fairview Taupe. Ceilings are regular ol' ceiling white.

We are super happy with how well these colours work together, especially since you can see all of these spaces when you're standing in the front hall.

Problem now is the kitchen. We're leaning toward a yellow -- we are lucky enough to have an east-facing kitchen that gets lots of gorgeous sun in the morning. Currently the kitchen is a very pigmented orange-y that I loved, but have grown tired of since it's so strong. Cabinets and appliances will all stay white.

Since we've been so happy with the BM Historical Colors, I like the look of Hawthorne Yellow, but worry it might come out either too strong a yellow or, as some other posters have found, too beige-y.

Other recommendations? Are we on the right track?

THANKS in advance!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen colour to go with ...

My kitchen/DR is currently BM Standish White HC-32, which ends up to be a nice (darker) straw color and have loved it for years...it's not much to look at on the swatch but in a room it's definitely a wonderful yellow. BM Niveous OC-36 is a great low key lighter yellow tone as well (Candice Olsen pick). Right now I'm going insane with finding the right greige for Kitchen/DR (new coutnertops clash with Standish White), but that's a different thread. :) Good luck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here