Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mica_r

Kitchen colour to go with ...

Mica_R
11 years ago

Hi all!

Been reading lots of the great posts here, and felt I may as well wade in and ask for advice!

After reading so many people's raves about BM Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray we painted our open concept living room/dining room/hallway with Revere Pewter (three walls -- living/dining), and Edgecomb (one wall through the living/dining space and the entire, dimly-lit hallway). Trim is BM Cloud White throughout. Foyer is Fairview Taupe. Ceilings are regular ol' ceiling white.

We are super happy with how well these colours work together, especially since you can see all of these spaces when you're standing in the front hall.

Problem now is the kitchen. We're leaning toward a yellow -- we are lucky enough to have an east-facing kitchen that gets lots of gorgeous sun in the morning. Currently the kitchen is a very pigmented orange-y that I loved, but have grown tired of since it's so strong. Cabinets and appliances will all stay white.

Since we've been so happy with the BM Historical Colors, I like the look of Hawthorne Yellow, but worry it might come out either too strong a yellow or, as some other posters have found, too beige-y.

Other recommendations? Are we on the right track?

THANKS in advance!!

Comment (1)