Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting brick and selecting colors

Posted by kled2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 21:30

We are purchasing a home and I plan to paint the brick. (Photos attached). I know there are a lot of differing aesthetics out there and many would never consider painting brick. Though I value your individual preferences, I have always loved the look of off white/light neutral painted brick homes and would love suggestions on specific paint and trim colors. The home is brick and stone. My goal is to find an off white paint for the brick that does not turn creamy yellow or isn't to bright a white that will make the stone "pop"...possibly a shaded white with slight gray undertones. The windows are currently a shade of putty/greige/taupe and the casings and trim are cream. I'm thinking the windows and casing should be painted the same color? Should they be taupe or the off white of the house? There are shutters for the windows, but they have never been put up and I would like to find a putty/greige/taupe for them. Please take a look and give me your thoughts!!! Many thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting brick and selecting colors

Forever ruined!

o

purple would go with the stone work :-)

o

After careful consideration - Rustoleum White would be great. You'll need about 1,000 aerosol cans :)

o

I think purple would be much better than plain old white!

o

I see that I'm obviously not asking for help in the correct forum...wow, what negativity. I hope you all have a lovely holiday season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here