Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint suggestions for dining room

Posted by camsi (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 11, 10 at 21:19

I'm looking for paint suggestions for my dining room. It connects to my kitchen which is painted in Benjamin Moore Chestertown Buff, and the living room which is Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff. And the hall is 1/2 Decatur Buff. The floors are all wood... Anderson Pecan Heather.

I also want to repaint 2 hall bedrooms, and an office. Perhaps all 3 the same color. We put new wood there to match the rest of the house, but the dye lot is slightly darker. So we're looking for something a little lighter for the walls to lighten up the reflection on the wood .. like a pale yellow. These rooms are against the hall of 1/2 Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff and hall bath is Benjamin Moore Fernwood Green. And the master bedroom is at the end of the hall and it's in Benjamin Moore Safari Brown.

Any suggestions for the dining and 2 hall bedrooms and office?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint suggestions for dining room

Look at BM Aura Honeymoon.

o
RE: Paint suggestions for dining room

One of my favorite yellow's is SW Ivorie. It's not a bright yellow, instead it's a soft creamy yellow/gold. It has an LRV of 65 so it's light but will still give you color. The color on the strip will look brown ugly gold which is nothing like the real color once on the walls. I recall my reaction when our decorator recommended it and I was like, no way! We then put it on the wall and I loved it so much we used the color in the next house we bought.

We also painted our kitchen SW Blonde which is the next color up on the strip and it's also beautiful but is a bit darker (LRV 54).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here