Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Im going to start Painting/Prepping my first room

Posted by obrionusa (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 18:15

Well the Sherwin Williams sale come and went and I stocked up on some Super Paint. I just bought it without any tint and when I decide on a color I will have them add it at that time. My first room is the Main bath, it has wallpaper on the bottom half. I hope when I put it up I prepped the wall as I should have, But I dunno. I was single then and the only thing I cared about was dollar long necks, long legs and cold beer. Well some of the paint has orange peeled, cracked and pulled away from the previous paint. Im guessing not running the fan or taking a shower before it was cured out. Anyway I plan on tackling the wallpaper tomorrow. Then If I get time I will run a putty knife over the paint that has seperated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Im going to start Painting/Prepping my first room

Try CHOMP! on the wallpaper. Soak it with hot water and then apply the CHOMP, wait as directed and it should peel away. If not, drink a cold beer and call me in the morning.

o

I will have to get some of that. I decided to wait until after thanksgiving to do the room. Girlfriends family will be here and I'm putting floor tile in the room too.

o

Definitely wait! You don't want the girlfriend's family to judge your work. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here