Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikki_ray_gw

Wall Color Suggestions

nikki_ray
9 years ago

Hi everyone -

We are buying a house and I want to come up with a whole-house paint color scheme. The kitchen is black and white with black and white tile floors. The rest of the house has wood floors with an orange undertone.

I love tan walls with white trim but I don't think that will look right with the kitchen so I am now thinking about gray walls?

What would you do?

Comments (8)

• Charlee_MO
    9 years ago

I think you'll get more suggestions/info at the Home Decorating forum.

Some great people over there.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    9 years ago

Ellen Kennon Full Spectrum Paint - a color called Mushroom.

Would be good for the whole house. As you live there a little longer and get to know the light and house better, you might want to repaint a couple rooms, add a few more colors. But you might find Mushroom works well as a wall color and background to colorful furniture and accessories and you won't want or need to repaint anything.

• pauL4645
    9 years ago

This color is perfect for your home..

• mattandrews
    9 years ago

Red, Black and White, when combined are very sophisticated. You can paint most of your walls white and red in some areas. In rooms, you can also use black for the wall if it has a huge window. Red and white for the room is also a great interiors. I suggest to use black color lampshades in your house. Just make it sure that you use the proper lighting with these combination of colors to have great interiors.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

Friends of ours recently built a new house - and it's all done in varying shades of gray. It's very elegant.

• nikki_ray
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the comments. I am going to look into the mushroom color, and I really had not considered red-white-black yet. pauL4645 - that bedroom is beautiful!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I'd go with a tan with some depth. Black and tan go great together, and tan would have enough warmth to handle the orange of the floors.

Try benjamin moore Quincy Tan.

• barbie08075
    9 years ago

Benjamin moore tapestry beige and coastal fog look phenomenal with my orangey oak floors!