Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for the right red-orange for the kitchen

Posted by kashka_kat (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 17:42

I'm looking for JUST THE RIGHT COLOR for my kitchen. Kinda orangey red, but not really orange and not really RED either. Rich color without being hard or harsh. Let's call it an orangey rusty pinky faded red.

Martha Stewart has some of these including the enticingly named "Terra Rosa." I try not to buy paint based on the names but that one is certainly tempting!

Wondering if anyone has anything like this on your walls and/or could share pics, comments, suggestions?

t.i.a.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for the right red-orange for the kitchen

I have BM audubon russet in my kitchen and I love it. I will try and post some pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I even have it on one wall in my living room. The door that you see leads to the kitchen (from christmas last year):

Photobucket
Hope this helps!!!

o

Farrow and Ball Red Earth.

o

YESSSSSS - since my kitchen cabs are sorta a creamy white similar to that painted trim, I think that will look quite nice.

Red Earth- love the sound of that ... will check them both out, thx

o

I'd second the vote on BM audubon russet. We also painted our kitchen BM Mayflower Red which is very similar with a tad more red but still orange/red. Good luck!

o

I just painted my kitchen Ellen Kennon's Pumpkin Spice; and it is just gorgeous .... a nice warm color. However, it is more orange than red.

First time using her paint color (mixed with Gliddon paint) and liked it very much. I don't really know how to post pix or I would.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here