Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use Mythic paint ?

Posted by kyjo (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 27, 09 at 17:09

Has anyone used Mythic paint? How was it overall? I am getting ready to paint my bedroom and have decided to try Mythic paint. I really like how aura levels and wonder how Mythic compares? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use Mythic paint ?

I was thinking of using it in the kitchen. I've heard great things about it. Did you use it yet?

o

I chickened out and ended up using BM aura in Olive Branch.
Although I need to paint the playroom and I am going to try the Mythic there. I just ordered a couple of samples. I' ll let you know how it goes.
If you happen to beat me to it please let me know as well.

o

First time I've visited this forum, and I've been scrolling through old posts for ones that interest me.

I realize this is an old post that I'm resurrecting, but since I've used Mythic, I thought I'd comment. I have Mythic's Honey Comb in one room, painted it about two years ago, and it looks as good now as it did when I first put it up. The paint has a nice "dimensional" effect, for want of a better word -- there is the sense of softness and almost a bit of thickness to it that I like very much.

I'm now doing a laundry room/mud room and have just put Mythic's Warm Welcome on the ceiling (two coats). It went on beautifully, dried both to the touch and to recoating quickly, and had very little odor. My only quibble is that the paint itself isn't as warm and as creamy a color as the paint chip suggested it would be. Yes I know...I know...one should buy samples. And any way, once the walls are done, the warmth of the ceiling color may show up better.

The walls will be painted, starting tomorrow in fact, in Mythic's Hush (AF-95).

Under both ceiling and walls are Mythic's latex primer. We'd had this room enlarged, so the original part had already been painted (in a semi-medium dark tannish shade, including the ceiling); the new part is drywall. All with lots of patching in spots. The primer went on easily and, if the ceiling is a gauge, does a great job of hiding.

o

used it in bedroom. Hardly any odor. I think it smelled a little like cotton candy. Was able to sleep in the room that night. My husband had not application issues, etc. Color looked great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here