Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know of a nice gray/green wall color?

Posted by parrotsinthekitchen (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 14:58

I'm searching for a subtle gray/green wall color that is not too green and not too dark. I tried Vale Mist by Benjamin Moore, but it was too green. I also tried Winterwood, but it was too dark. Has anyone used a gray green that they really liked? Pictures?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know of a nice gray/green wall color?

I don't have pictures, but have suggestions. SW Grassland, Austere Gray (less yellow in it than Grassland) and Comfort Gray ( a little more blue than the others). There's another one-Escape Gray? - in the strip next to Austere Gray that might also work for you.

I've used Austere Gray and Comfort Gray and they are very subtle and pretty.

o

I don't have pictures, but have suggestions. SW Grassland, Austere Gray (less yellow in it than Grassland) and Comfort Gray ( a little more blue than the others). There's another one-Escape Gray? - in the strip next to Austere Gray that might also work for you.

I've used Austere Gray and Comfort Gray and they are very subtle and pretty.

o

Ben Sweet Spring. Very grayed slightly green

o

Home Depot carries Martha Stewart paint now, and they have a wonderful grey/green called Winter's Day. Depending on the lighting in the room or the other colors used with it, it's hard to tell if it's green or grey. We love it. Check it out.

o

Valspar, Coastal Villa.

It's that gray you see to the right of the cabinets.

Photobucket

And another shot of it, the fireplace wall is something else.
Photobucket

o

Thanks everyone. I'm going to check them all out. A few questions, comments:

Randita - Are all paints Sherwin Williams?
Brookelizabeth - The brand for "sweet spring"? Ben Moore?
Beekeeperswife - Gorgeous room. Love wall color.

o

Sorry I'm late getting back to this thread. You probably already found that all my suggestions are SW.

o

Take a look at Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage.

o

Muralo Prairie Path is very nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here