Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sealing painted table

Posted by lesliep (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 14:52

I used latex satin paint on an end table, distressed it, and now need to seal it. The table is white and I do not want to use anything that will yellow the paint. What would be best?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sealing painted table

and now need to seal it. Why?

o

I used satin wall paint and have a two year old grandson. I thought sealing it would protect the finish as this table will get heavy use and abuse.

o

Lots of people think that paint isn't a protective finish by itself, but this isn't really true. You can put some clear coats on top of the paint, but if the paint is high quality paint and it's satin, you probably will not gain any durability by doing that.

o

What he^ said

o

Thank you all for the information. Not upset at all that another step is not required!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here