Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisyjano_gw

Help please color wizards!

daisyjano
9 years ago

Please oh please, someone help me. I am driving my family crazy trying to choose a great color for our home.
One big problem is I am worried my color will look blah in the shade of our trees. It's a little tricky because there is a pinky-orangey brick on the lower front of the house and we have 5 mature Oaks that shade the house.
The yellow we have now is nice and cheery, but it's hard to find good yellows. I love blues and tealy-gray but would that be blah in shade? Also, not sure about resale with colors. Would gray make it look too dark in the shade? Cream is lighter but is it too boring? Our neighborhood is mostly neutrals. (across street is yellow. next door two homes are white. kitty-corner is light blue and white. Our windows are white. Colors I'm considering are "Silver Ash" "Classic Cream" "Pacific Blue", "English Wedgewood", "Natural Clay"
Is this too much info? My family sure thinks so!

Extra details:
We have to get siding on our home because the current siding is poor quality and disintegrating. We can't afford HardiePlank (quote was $25K) so are going with vinyl. I am scared of choosing a color and not liking it because it is so long term. Our house is already "overimproved for the neighborhood" so we need to find a color that we like and that will help sell it in 10 years when the kids go off to college. Thanks so much!

Also, how do you post more than one photo with a single post? Is that possible? Thanks again. (my new profile name should be CuckooBird!)

Comments (4)