Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
water marks from sprinklers

Posted by EmmaR (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 13:20

Both the east and west sides of my home are showing water marks from sprinklers not set right. It is especially noticeable when the sun is on it. I live in a home owner's association so they have to paint it. My question is: Is pre treating necessary before painting and if it is what is the procedure for pre treating it.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: water marks from sprinklers

What material is being painted? Wood, vinyl, concrete?

Generally what happens is that loose dirt is wiped off and the paint goes on. What most needs to be done is to have the sprinklers adjusted.

o

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I don't think Hard water spots could not be removed. Someone looked at it and he didn't think it was hard water from the sprinklers. It looks more milky than brown. It could possibly be the chemical man that sprays our lawns wasn't being careful when he pulled his hoses around. I suppose the pretreatment would be the same with either.

I don't know the name of the siding, I was told it is concrete or a concrete mixture of some kind and the paint is suppose to be good for 10 to 15 years. My home owners association has to paint it anyway, it looks bad and I don't believe if they paint only part of it that the colors will match after 7 years.

o

Sorry about the typo, it should have read "I don't think hard water spots could be removed"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here