Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blonde floors what wall color for avg size LR

Posted by Nannajoe (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 13:09

Geez-Louise!! Can you tell I am frustrated?
We completed the kitchen and now on to the LR and DR wall colors, I bought a pretty blue (cant recall name) from SW, did not like it, just too bright, then bought Geneva Swan Gray at Wal-Mart in Glidden, it is far too light.
We're going to buy new furniture too, but not right now, but I cannot live with this "too whitish neutral paint" color of Geneve Swan Gray any longer.... The problem is everything I've looked at online is usually paired with darker brown finish wood floors. Ours are laminate and more of a blonde color, too light, I know, but hey its down now and cannot afford to change the floors as well after kitchen remodel. Oh and our trim is white. I bought some pretty chocolate brown drapes, but could use those in another room if needed.
So you wonderfully creative people out there what colors would you choose for a 13 x 20 LR that does not have great lighting and light oak floors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blonde floors what wall color for avg size LR

I would suggest buying the furniture and then painting the walls. It's a lot easier to find the right paint color to match the furniture than vice versa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here