Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you used any of these colors on kitchen cabinets?

Posted by ella-2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 12:57

Hi,
I'm new here (and finding it a bit hard to post and track my posts!) and asked this on the kitchen forum but wondered if anyone here can help too?

I'm trying to decide on one of these greys for my kitchen cabinets. Have any of you used them before?

BM Ashwood Moss (#1484)
BM Kendall Charcoal (HC-166)
Farrow & Ball Down Pipe (#26)

And these for another set of cabinets:

BM Moroccon Red (#1309)
Farrow & Ball Blazer (#212)
Ralph Lauren Maleya Red (TH47 - darker than the other 2)

Thanks,
ella

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you used any of these colors on kitchen cabinets?

Have you tried the Home-Dec. forum here?

The RL Maleya Red has a TON of colorant in it! I've tinted it many times. This will need a gray primer under it, and possibly 3 coats. The Magenta/Red-heavy colorants/bases are pretty sheer. This one is no exception!
>>> Use a LEAST a Satin sheen!

F&B paint...VERY NICE paint. This would be my first choice, 2nd to FPE of course!!

Faron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here