Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Paint to compliment this baby bedding..ASAP!

Posted by emmaraine (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 12:42

I thought we were ways away from painting our new house...well i was WRONG, husband needs color today or at the latest tomorrow!! My daughter is only 9 months old but i want a color that will not look to "babyish" but not to grown up either...im not the type to repaint every year!!! Since i have no clue how to post pictures on here, here is the link to the bedding. one thing i know for sure is that i do not want PINK. Was thinking more of the green color that is in the bedding. its very generic bedding, i know...but it was on sale and she will only be in a baby bed for a year or so why spend a fortune, right, her current bedding is way worse than this :)
http://www.stylekid.ca/store/files/MIG_SWE_SET.bmp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Paint to compliment this baby bedding..ASAP!

I don't mind the bedding! I would suggest a color similar to the flooring in the bedding image, a very light warm beige ( like BM hush AF-95), or if you want to go bolder, I love BM pale avacado. I think either would give the room a clean, inviting, contemporary touch. Good luck!

o

Photobucket

I'd look at a Tiffany Box Blue (TBB), a turquoise. Maybe focus on one that had a little greener edge than a typical TBB. The darker, rich read in the bedding with the TBB could be fabulous.

I know there isn't any blue in the bedding :).

You only have to "pull" colors from textiles for paint colors if you want to. It's not a set rule and it most certainly is not the "right way" to do it. It's just the text book way to do it -- it's just another option for coloring. No more no less. ;)

Pulling colors or using textiles and inspiration pieces for paint colors isn't a guaranteed route to a successful, interesting, and balanced atmosphere.

It just means the paint color is gonna match something. For some people that's a big deal. For some people having the paint color match something or directly echo an inspiration piece is what defines a "designed" room.

So, no, there's no blue in the bedding. But would TBB with the bedding create an interesting color relationship, is the option well-crafted color design in that it will meet expectations NOW as wells as how the room needs to evolve. That's how I'd frame color option if a blue in order to evaluate it.

o

Sheez, three spammers in a row!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here