Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Dunmore Cream or Waterbury Cream?

Posted by gilhawk (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 12:19

I am trying to decide between these two colors for my family room. I just purchased a gray sofa from Crate and Barrel (the Klyne). I am trying to go with a yellow and gray look. First, I painted Hawthorne yellow on my walls, and it was just too bright of a yellow for me. I want to tone it down a bit, but still be able to use yellow pillows and other yellow accents. I'm worried that the Waterbury Cream is too gold though and that the Dunmore Cream is too pale/tan.

Does anyone have any thoughts on or pictures of these two colors? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Dunmore Cream or Waterbury Cream?

i'd go with the dunmore cream and use brighter/stronger colors in the accents like you're talking about with pillows and such. Plus, you can always switch to different accent colors in the future and not be married to such yellow/gold walls.

o

I painted my house a pale yellow (Cream Yellow) and tested quite a few pale yellows. I didn't test those two, but you might want to look at Windham Cream, Weston Flax, or Jicama (a creamy yellow Affinity color I have in my den, very pretty).

I also find it helpful to paint large posterboard samples (I think all of those colors come in those 2-oz sample containers at a BM store) and look at it in your room in the changing light at different times of day.

o

If you are familiar with C2 paints, there is a very buttery soft yellow (not gold or bright yellow) called Sugar Cookie which you may want to take a look at. I'm sure they can match it in a BM paint

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here