Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetbabyjames5_gw

Aura Satin on cabinets - need help!

sweetbabyjames5
12 years ago

Last week, my new cabinets were sprayed at my house. After the first coat, I noticed a lot of orange peel look. My painters assured me that after sanding more and applying a second coat, they would look better. Well, they don't. Most feel very rough still but it's the orange peel look that is driving me nuts. I don't know what to do at this point. Do I switch paint? Hire someone else to fix the job? Have them all sanded and sprayed again? It's mainly the cabinet doors, which were spraye outside. The cabinet frames were spraye inside and look the best. The drawer fronts aren;t too bad - they were also sprayed inside. But the cabinet doors look awful. My contractor thinks they weren't sanded well after priming. My painters are saying that's how all cabinets look when sprayed (yet I just looked at a friend's cabs painted with Regal Select in a semi-gloss and they are smooth and gorgeous!) The BM rep in town says they should not have been sprayed outside. The BM store paint manager says Extender should have been used. I am freaking out because they are white - Chantilly Lace - and the crazy texture is soooooo noticable. My painters want to put all doors/drawers on and then respray where needed, but I can't see how that will help and worry it will make matters worse if being sprayed in place. Help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21