Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outlet Covers/Light Switches

Posted by allboys (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 11 at 11:40

I have painted a room in our basement a very, very dark red. It is a large room with 3 'areas' - one with a pool table, one with a bar, and one with a game table/book shelves.

I am wondering what to do about all of the outlets, light switches, and wall heat vent or return covers. The inside part of the electrical outlets and the actual switch in the lightswitch is white.

I am painting the trim Benjamin Moore Pompeii.

I would appreciate any advice!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outlet Covers/Light Switches

See answers on DIY site

o

You can paint the cover to the outlets and light switches and the vent and return covers. However, the switches and the outlets themselves are trickier. If you don't have a lot of them, you could replace them with black switches and outlets. I was in the same situation with a brown room and I left the switches and outlets white. It just didn't bother me enough to change them.

For the air vents and returns, instead of painting them red, you might want to spray paint them with black enamel. Spray enamel is less likely to drip and clump in corners.

o

Lurton makes switch plates in a very wide variety of colors. Check and see if they have what you need.

You can also buy new vent covers in various colors of metal. I don't remember the place I used but Google architectural grillwork or vent covers. I don't know I'd metal will look better but it is woth checking out. They are not expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here