Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froofycat

finished bathroom pictures

FroofyCat
12 years ago

so, I went with a dark beige, almost brown. I like it and am glad it's not pink.

{{!gwi}}

BUT, I painted the area above the sink basically in the dark because I took the old sconces down first. And now with the new sconces up, when the lights are on it shows a lot of scratches in the wall I should have spackled and sanded better. Would you go back and fix it or just forget about it?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

Nice bath, and I really like the dark beige you chose.

And now with the new sconces up, when the lights are on it shows a lot of scratches in the wall I should have spackled and sanded better. Would you go back and fix it or just forget about it?
    If it was me, it would really bug me every time I turned the lights on and saw the imperfections. I have a similar situation in a laundry room area and it bugs me every time I see it.

For some, patching/spackling, and sanding to perfection seems to be easy, but I have just not mastered the technique, no matter how hard I try.

This is just a thought...are the lights by any chance reversible where you could have them shining down as opposed to 'up'? How might that look? Are there also wall imperfections below the lights too though?

If you think you are capable of getting the walls to look better and have the time now, I'd say 'go for it'. If not, I'd put it somewhere on my 'sometime in the future' to-do list.

• FroofyCat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yeah, pointing the lights down would help and also prevent bugs from dying in there - lol!

I thought the existing placement of the fixtures looked too low to have the new ones point down.

Probably going to be on the list of stuff to do sometime in the future but never gets done!

• callie25
    12 years ago

Your bathroom looks really nice with the new paint. I would have never thought to use the color you chose, but since you were trying to stay away from pink, it works. It certainly updated the room.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I thought the existing placement of the fixtures looked too low to have the new ones point down.
    But it might make it look cozy too. Google images shows a lot of different heights. I think something to consider too, is if they were pointed down, you would want the bottom of the fixture below eye level so you wouldn't see the glare.

The wall tile trim is so pretty too.

Here is a link that might be useful: google images bathroom sconces

• graywings123
    12 years ago

I would live with it as it is and see how much it bothered me before doing anything.

Lovely color!