Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

emergency...what do i do...

andrelaplume2
17 years ago

I had imperfections in my new homes huge Kitchen/FR's 20 year old ceiling tended to by a drywall person. This involved sanding, spackling and some taping. I then primed those areas with KILZ2, two coats...not the whole ceiling but just the areas repaired. I then painted with my trusty Behr ceiling paint I have been using throughout the house.

Everywhere I Kilz2'd it shows through. I tried a second coat of Behr in the kitchen...no luck, it stills shows through. I tried a gallon of Kilz **Ceiling** Paint (says it goes over Kilz2) and it looks better but it still will need another coat to completely cover). It could cost $175 to finish painting the kitchen / FR ceiling with the KILZ **Ceiling** paint...plus I prefer the way the Behr looks up there.

Should I just Kilz2 (prime) the entire kitchen and FR then recoat with the Behr ceiling paint I already have. This would cost me my time but save me about $150. Will this work?

I just worry that the KILZ primer might go on darker over the areas already primed and I'll still end up with and uneven paint job.

HELP---we move in Sunday!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting