Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
echobelly

Behr paint quality declining?

echobelly
9 years ago

I've been using Behr paint for a number of years and have always been happy with the quality. I'm on my third house in seven years, the first two used Behr both interior and exterior and was happy with the coverage, sometimes getting by with just one coat if it was a similar color. I'm painting another house now (this one's a keeper). I used Behr interior plus primer to paint the inside, the store said it had better coverage with the primer, I was disappointed that I had to use at least 4 coats, granted I was painting white over medium brown. Now I'm tackling the exterior trim. It's a light grey, and I'm painting that white as well. The exterior plus (Super White) is very thin, and even three coats aren't quite up to my standards. The first coat hardly shows a difference in color between the grey and the white the paint goes on so thinly. It has been well stirred. My question is, has the quality declined that much? Or maybe my memory is failing (a distinct possibility). I always read this was a quality paint.

Comments (4)