Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting kitchen counter?

Posted by pattio2 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 8:41

I have been tossing around the idea of painting kitchen counter to look like granite. I've seen kits available to make this easier. Can anyone tell me if this is successful and how long wearing it would be. Also how long would I be out of the kitchen until all the coats dry? Any tips would be appreciated. Tks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting kitchen counter?

Spend you're $$ wisely and either replace the counter tops or live with them. Painting counter tops is like painting the bathtub, it can be done, but a professional should do it.

o

The Rustoleum site has an excellent video that shows what you have to do and how long it takes, including dry times. Reading reviews, one issue seems to be the importance of not letting water stand on the countertop.

If I were you, I would spend some time reading the reviews on amazon.com. Personally, as a DIYer, I know I could do this project, but I would not consider it unless I had no other choice. There seem to be long term durability issues, which given the wear and tear that countertops are subjected to, it's understandable.

o

Thanks for your replys. My concern was about the durability and from what you mentioned, it's probably not for me. I will read the reviews on amazon before I decide. Maybe just save my money for something more durable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here