Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help w/ texture showing on wall!

Posted by blondie859111 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 8:33

Good morning,
I am painting new sheetrock which was professionally primed using 2 coats SW sheetrock primer- forget the name but had the number 4 in it.
I am doing 2 coats of Corondo Paint in Silver Plume, which is beautiful, but I am getting this awful "fuzzy" or "textured" finish. I am using a 3/8 inch nap. I have no roller marks, just this awful texture. Is there a better roller I should be using, or maybe thin the paint a bit?
Thank you for any assistance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help w/ texture showing on wall!

If you are talking about roller stipple, this is the normal effect you get when using a roller. The stipple doesn't show up as much with primer as it does with finish paint so that could be why you are seeing it more pronounced now. It could also be that you are using improper technique, cheap roller covers or cheap paint. You want to apply the paint heavy enough so that when the paint dries, the roller stipple subsides down into the paint film. Definately don't use those roller covers that come in the cheap jumbo packs. You should select a Wooster Pro-Dooz, Purdy White Dove or a Corona brand roller cover.

o
RE: Please help w/ texture showing on wall!

Hi Paintguy,
Thanks for answering my post. The story has an interesting outcome.
I am using the Purdy roller (and everything else- love their stuff) and was no getting lines, as much as little balls of silt-like material which made a terrible texture.
I called Coronado and they were wonderful. It seems somewhere in transit or storage the paint had been exposed to freezing temps and made those little textured balls in the paint, which made the bad texture.
I bought another gallon for my next room, because I love their neutrals and love the velvety finish, and had no problems. BUT I did learn a lot from your post about painting heavy enough, and it really shows in my latest room. Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here