Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Affinity Color--Can SW match it? (Hurry please)

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 8:22

(XPost with Decor)

Spoke with the painter last night wrapping up the details on colors. The color for my Living Room will be Wasabi, by BM. It's an Affinity color. Since I am doing that High Gloss ceiling in the foyer, he is getting the paint from Sherwin Williams (as previously discussed here). I am sure he is going to just have the SW store match the other paint colors.

Well, last night, during the middle of the night, of course, I woke straight up. This was my tired brain: "Isn't there something special about the Affinity colors that prevents others from matching?". This Wasabi is an odd color, I will admit, and if it isn't exactly right it really could look like what those of you with infants see in the diaper sometimes... ;-)

He will of course go to BM for me if I ask him, I just want to know if I need to do that. He is coming Monday, so paint is probably being ordered today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Affinity Color--Can SW match it? (Hurry please)

Can SW make a color that looks like BM - sure they do it every day and vice versa. Will it match in every light - no. Safest bet is to get samples first so you can decide if it's good enough.

o

I have not had good experience with SW attempting to match other brands' colors. I have not specifically attempted Affinity colors. I believe that a certain amount of the success has to do with the rep's eye at your particular paint store, but a certain amount has to do with specific components of the paint and how similar they are to the pigments and bases of the paint that you wish to match.

o

fyi...the painter did just go over to BM for me. He knew I was a little worried about it being right. And it looks great, btw.

He also commented to my dh that "she wasn't always like this"...thanks GW.

o

Our painter only uses SW and attempted to color match and it was way off. I believe BM when they say no other mfg can match because they use their own special pigments. Glad your painter went directly to BM unlike ours who messed up the color and time and money and now can't finish outside, until next year, due to the weather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here